Is a home security system or smart TV on your Christmas list this year?
These popular items make great gift ideas, but there are some safety concerns you should be aware of.
Families have recently reported incidents of hackers spying on and/or talking to their family over security cameras. Experts say hackers often re-use credentials stolen or leaked from one service on other services.
Tips to help protect your privacy include:
- Use a strong and unique password.
- Create longer passwords that are more secure and change them often.
- Set up two-factor authentication to make hackers work twice as hard to break in.
Smart TVs are vulnerable to hackers too. The new technology features can be a gateway for hackers to spy on you in your home.
To better secure your smart TV:
- Understand security settings
- Change default passwords
- Know how to enable and disable microphones and cameras
Click to learn more about smart device setup.
Our experts will help ensure that your home network is secure and will answer any questions you may have. Contact us if you would like more information.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.